Having a pet is one of the best things in the world. A pet will give you joy, comfort, love and watch over your belongings while you are away. Unluckily, sometimes pets can have accidents. They can pee or urinate on the floor, carpet, furniture or clothing. This is unavoidable if you are a pet owner. Happily, with the right cleaner, you can get rid of any pet stain. However, the sooner you get rid of the stains the better. But if you do not notice the stains on time, hope is not lost. With a few products or by engaging cleaning services, you can restore your floor, clothing or carpet to its original status.
Why is it important to get rid of pet stains?
Pet urine or pee is a waste product. This means the color and the mechanism in it can damage your rug, floor or clothing. Although some elements contained in the urine or pees are washable, it might be hard to bring back the original color or state of the fabric. In addition, when the pet urine sits on your garment or carpet for long, the PH level can change. At this state, it can become harder to remove and you may be forced to use costly products. Moreover, it can become a breeding ground for bacteria. Keep in mind that bacteria grow and increase very fast. Another reason why you need to get rid of pet stains is that it can damage the color of the fabric permanently. If the stain is left for many days or for a long time, it can change the color structure of the fabric causing permanent stains.
Removing pet stains is not easy and it is not hard. However, you need to act fast and involve the right products. Here are the five best ways to remove pet stains.
- Use of Vinegar and baking soda – One of the best ways to remove pet stains is making a simple solution. Vinegar and baking soda is a homemade cleaning solution that is effective and inexpensive. Start by soaking the stained part with vinegar. But ensure that the area does not get too soggy. Then sprinkle baking soda at the top. After a few minutes, the solution will start popping. Cover it with a towel and wait for one or two days. After the area is dry, scoop the remaining and rinse with cool water.
- Use of dishwashing detergent – Another best way to get rid of pet stain is using dishwashing detergent. But to be sure that the solution will work and to avoid discoloring the whole carpet or clothing, spot check a small area first. Mix a teaspoon of your dishwashing detergent with a cup of warm water. Then put the solution in a spray-bottle, and start spraying on the pet stain. Continue the process for a while, and later towel dries the area.
- Using Hydrogen Peroxide – Use of hydrogen peroxide is another effective way to remove pet urine and other stains. Start by mixing four tablespoons of hydrogen peroxide with two tablespoons of warm water. Put the solution in a spray bottle and add some dish soap drops. Spray the affected area and let it stay for ten minutes. Then rinse the area with cold water.
- Buying a stain remover product – To some people, making a homemade cleaning solution might be hard or not effective. If you feel that the cleaning solution is not working, you can purchase a stain remover. There are numerous stain removers at the local store. Luckily, most of the products are effective, safe and are non-toxic. Additionally, most stain removers are easy to use and have clear instructions to avoid damaging the fabric or the floor.
- Hiring professional cleaners – Although most of the above ways are effective, having pet stains might be a never-ending job and a tedious one to some people. Also, the four cleaning ways only remove the surface stains but cannot effectively treat the affected area. For instance, pet urine can penetrate the carpet and affect the floor beneath the carpet. So, when you clean the carpet using homemade solutions, some crystals may be left behind. The urine chemicals may continue to damage the floor or fill the air with a bad smell. Therefore, engaging a local company dealing with professional cleaning services Edmonton, Los Angeles, New York or wherever you are located might be a good idea. In addition, professional cleaners have the required tools and equipment, use non-toxic products, and are skilled on how to remove any kind of pet stain.